No call.
What now?
It is possible that they may have just not gotten around to it, and may not call until tomorrow. It might also be possible that they are still interested but not for this class. I'll leave my phone on for tomorrow but I don't believe for a second it'll ring. I will call them back on tuesday just to check in. Maybe they'll at least give me an inkling of why I wasn't selected. Probably not tho.
Unless they give me some encouraging news, I may be done. If they decided I'm not a good fit this time, why would they change their mind next time? It's not like they're a class one with people banging down their doors. I can't think of anything I'd say that would change the outcome, and by many accounts I said all the right things. My only leverage then would be if they get more desperate? Or are they screwing with me because they don't think I'm serious, and would be more receptive to a second app in summer?
Why does it have to be so veiled, why can't they be blunt and just say what they think. If they laid out what they wanted I'd be able to meet their challenges. But, meh.
Back to finals. Back to the catalog. Back to everyday life. Boring. Dull. Pointless. Purposeless. Meaningless. Everyday life. Greetings, I am your by-the-book perfect student. I get A's and don't give a damn, but you don't know that cause I'm always in a good mood and always contribute and am constructive, even if I talk a bit too much and a bit too loudly.
Okay. Obviously I'm grouchy. And I'll get over it. But it just seems like yet another door, however tenuous it ever was to begin with, is likely shut, and I'm back facing the same problem: I'm headed into careers I hate and want nothing to do with.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home