Part One....
So I watch this car on Autotrader for a few weeks, waiting for my money to arrive. Looking at it, I decide its slightly more than I want to pay, but all things considered, what do you expect from a dealership? Either way, I'll still be able to buy it, if it turns out to be decent. A talk with my Dad about going to go get it ends up with some concrete plans; go out to the dealer on the weekend, check it out, and if we like it, buy it.
The week goes by, and I am so busy I forget to go to the bank. So saturday morning, early, I go off to the bank to use the ATM. They won't give me more than $500 cash. D'oh! So now I can't buy it outright and just walk off the lot. I have to wait, and just put a down payment on it today.
Next, time to call and make sure its still on the lot. I dial the 888 number.... It rings... and rings... and rings. Click. Answering machine. The message says they should be open, but they aren't answering the phone for some reason. I hang up and decide to try back later, as they've only been open 15 minutes. I call again. Same response. Hrm.
A quick google search gives me their local number, so I try that, and get a response finally. Someone with a somewhat undecipherable Vietmanese accent picks up, and yes, they do have the car, and yes, they will hold it if I put down a down payment.
Now to figure out getting it, if indeed we want it.
Dad: Well, we can go get it monday.
Me: I can't I have school.
Dad: Well, Wednesday.
Me, Um, school.
Dad: Well when then?
Me: It would have to be the weekend at this point.
Dad *throws arms up in air*
So then we finally land on having my brother go out with Dad on monday to go get it, while I am in class. FIne and dandy. Then:
Dad: Don't forget to look in the trunk under the carpet, to see if its been in a flood area.
Me: *thinks "you're going to be there, you can do that, why do you think I want you to come?"*, says nothing.
Dad: And check the oil, the dipstick. See if the tranny is feeling like it's slipping....
Me: I know.
Dad: I know you do I'm just saying. Check the master cylinder, the brakes....
Me: I figure I'll have to replace part of the car anyway, consider it's age.
Dad: Since its raining its good, you can see if it leaks....
Me: *thinks "no I wont buy it cause a leaking seal on a door is such a fatal flaw I can't fix it myself!"* Says nothing.
And this is just [i]before[/i] we leave the house. We're now looking at taking a peek at this thing after lunch. I may have more to say afterwards.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home