Photo organization at last?

Valentine posted a recommendation for this software on Obscar:

iView Media Pro

It runs on OSX 10.2.8 and up, and yes, Windows too for those of you wanting that. Upsides? All kinds of cool database management for organizing images, much like iPhoto, but more flexible. Better yet, unlike iPhoto, images are not truly "imported" -- they remain in the folders they came out of. You can set the program to "auto import" from certain folders, so if you move new images into a folder manually, it will auto sense the changes. So, unlike iTunes and iPhoto, you can move around pictures through Finder and not screw up the program.

Downside? It's $199. There are trial versions, but they only last 21 days, so if I do download it, I'm going to wait until I could possibly afford a license. But, you can get 50% off as a student!

Student Discount!

I'm keeping an eye on this. For $99, it's way more likable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home