Mercy for my enemies?

On Obscar, the oblique references to my email exchange with Digital McDouche (DMD) have become less and less oblique. In fact, someone just posted:
"the now famous e-mail to XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX where he blasted everyone from Steve Crise to the man on the moon"

Despite the misspelling of my last name, I have no doubt people will understand what this phrase means. And for some strange, uncontrollable urge of goodness -- perhaps B will call it my left-coast liberality -- I felt compelled to stop this. So I've written moderators Rob and GD:
"Of late, a lot of heat has been going about regarding John Ryan. Part of that revolves around some of his work displayed in a recent issue of RnR. However, allusions have been made to an incident which occurred many months ago, which is, apparently, the biggest open secret on Obscar since Paulie's CTC takeover.

Comments about this email must stop. John cannot defend himself without revealing the email in question. The words I wrote to him I am willing to defend if necessary, but his words he may find hard to swallow. Just as importantly, people who he mentioned -- such as Joel Jensen, Steve Crise, and Misko Kranjec -- some in less than flattering terms, may find the whole matter very very embarrassing.

That I had strongly recommended him, and pushed for unusual patience and forbearance at KPC on his behalf made the whole matter that much more painful. However, regardless of my personal feeling for young Mr. Ryan's views and actions, he doesn't deserve a public verbal lynching.

Unless you suggest otherwise, I intend on posting a slightly briefer and more tactful version of this to the list."

I know. I must be reading too much Bushido, all that stuff about mercy to your enemies and magnaminity in victory.

3 Comments:

At 7/31/2005 06:24:00 PM, Blogger railohio said...

Bushido, eh?

That must be your anime side starting to come out.

~Dev

 
At 7/31/2005 06:33:00 PM, Blogger Obvious said...

Although you can blame my brother for the copy of Bushido I have, I do admit that that was why I was reading it *lately*... and it's kinda funny, how it mentions codes of behavior for Nobles and warriors....

 
At 7/31/2005 06:57:00 PM, Blogger railohio said...

And wolves, too...

~B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home