Gimmee Mo-Bil-Uh-Tee!

As usual, DR convinced me to stay another day. But first, we went home to his apartment, and after his GF went to the store, DR, S, and I began a conspiracy to move the layout out of the closet and into the kitchen which is the largest room of the apartment. We did this, knowing all the while that his GF would not approve, and with the constant acknowledgement that he would take all the blame, and we'd be in the clear. (I somehow doubt she is *that* stupid that two able bodied young men who also share an interest in such a construction would have no hand in the matter, but I digress.)

Naturally, when she got back from the store, she had an absolute fit. S and I say out of sight in the living room, making no sounds, to afraid to attract attention while the GF shouted, screamed, whined, moaned, bitched, cried, howled, and every other form of temper tantrum available to someone with the mental development of an eight year old girl. While all this progressed, our ears burned, and we contemplated exiting via the nearest window to run down to the tracks at the depot, or go over to the Oly Club and relax away from it all.

But we stuck it out. In the end, DR's stuborness won, Once the shouting died and the war was over, S and I began to trade railroad terms that had double entendres. We decided the most obnoxious one was "settum up... release!" S ficken bounces of the fricken walls, and can be tiring, but at the same time, fun as hell. The opportunity to spend more time with him, without depending on the schedule of DR or anyone else, really appealed to me, and my inability to do so has once again underscored the desire for a car over a dSLR. I am tired of being on other people's schedules, at other people's beck and call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home