It has begun!
The even scarier thing is that it's with site admin Bob's permission! To whit, I wrote him an email stating, amongst other things:
In taking my job with [the magazine], I have a great opportunity, but also a responsibilty that goes with that. Things I say no longer reflect just on [me], but on the magazine. ...You may have noticed how much *less* vocal I am... these days. That has much to do with my job -- I'm not supposed to make opinionated comments that might open me up to being biased. And people in the office... both [at the magazine] and in corporate, read that list and others....
Unless you object, I'd like to maintain this as a second ID to post with. But I want to clear it with you before I go further. I'm not going to be pulling any funny tricks with the ID, or use it as a puppet to backup arguments or such. My intention is to use it to post when I need to speak my mind freely, without fear of how that might affect [my employer], and to a lesser extent, to occasionally post useful information that I'd rather not be traced back to it's source by knowing it came from me.
And Bob gave his okay, as did one other staffer I talked to. Altho I've made a few smartass replies with it, I've been careful to keep to my word not to use it to post "me toos" to myself.
Meanwhile, I've been sucked further into the blogosphere: I've started a "public blog" over here. Eek! When wlll the madness end? It's not like I don't have other work to do.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home